Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I ensure that the submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- I ensure that all the names of authors and other identifying information has been taken away in the original manuscript text. (Not applicable for Book Reviews and Guest Editorials but the box must be checked).
- I have removed hidden data and author information in all files' “file properties”. (To do this in Word, go to the open document and click on "File">"Info">"Check for issues” > Inspect document". Inspect “Document properties and personal information”, click on “Remove all”, and save). I understand that failure to do this step will result in the manuscript being returned directly to the authors.
- I ensure that I have followed IJAL's formatting guidelines and that the submission is within the specified word limit.
- The submission has undergone spell check and grammar check.
- Where the manuscript reports original research, I confirm that I have included an ethical statement in the text, e.g. that the study was subject to the appropriate level of ethical review (blinded), or a statement indicating that ethical review was not required. (Not applicable for Book Reviews and Guest Editorials but box must be checked).
- The journal will perform plagiarism check on each manuscript before publication. I accept that the journal will perform plagiarism checks on the manuscript, should the manuscript be considered for publication.
Since 2020 the International Journal of Ageing and Later Life uses a Creative Commons: Attribution license, which allows users to distribute the work and to reform or build upon it without the author's permission. Full reference to the author must be given.