Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I ensure that the submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- I ensure that all the names of authors and other identifying information has been taken away in the original manuscript text. (Not applicable for Book Reviews and Guest Editorials but the box must be checked).
- I have double-checked that I have deleted the file's meta-text in Word (in "File">"Info">"Inspect document" or in the column "Related people" where user information is visible). I understand that failure to do this step will result in the manuscript being returned directly to the authors.
- I ensure that I have followed IJAL's formatting guidelines and that the submission is within the specified word limit.
- I ensure that all references are formatted according to IJAL’s referencing style.
- The submission has undergone spell check and grammar check.
- I have prepared a separate attachment where author name/affiliation, any acknowledgements and any ethical review details are disclosed (Not applicable for Book Reviews and Guest Editorials but box must be checked).
- I accept that the journal will perform plagiarism checks on the manuscript, should the manuscript be considered for publication.
The International Journal of Ageing and Later Life uses a Creative Commons: Attribution Non-commercial license which allows users to distribute the work and to reform or build upon it without the author's permission, for non-commercial purposes. Full reference to the author must be given.
See also LiU E-Press’ Copyright page for further information.